I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Yeah! Thank You so much Jamie and Urbanbuda!!!
Here is a link to both blogs that nominated me, which are totally Kick Ice!
Rules, Rules, The Rules are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
The 7 things about myself part is not that easy for me.
1) I don’t like mom blogs. Not that I don’t like moms who blog, I like plenty of moms who blog, but I don’t like blogs written by moms who only blog about their kids. The “mommy blog” world. I understand why people do it, kids are cute, moms are usually excited about their little bundles of joy, that makes perfect since to me. What I don’t like is the craziness that goes on their blogs. Judgmentalness towards others that are not raising their kids the same way, or doing strange things that people think you should be or not be doing. Its like a world full of evil mother in laws… (I actually love my mother in law very much and have always gotten along with her). I also don’t like mom blogs because I am a hard core science based medicine fan.. I am all for people vaccinating their kids if possible and it seems that most, not all but definitely most mom bloggers are on the anti vaccine waggon.
(side note, if you comment my blog about vaccines because I said that, I will not post your comment or engage in a conversation with you about the subject).
hmmm, I think that was actually three things about me!
2) I am 32 years of age. People seem to think I am either way younger or way older than thirties.
3) I am married to an awesome guy named Jared. We’ve been married for 13 years and together for almost 16yrs. We have never cheated on each other or broken up during that time frame. He is my absolute best friend as well as my hubby.
4) I love science fiction movies, I hate “chick flicks.”
5) I spend a lot of time around MHDD (Mentally handicap developmentally delayed) adults and children. Two years ago they changed it from MRDD, Mentally retarded developmentally delayed, to mentally handicap. I am assuming because of the word “retarded” being used in such a derogatory way. Did you know that the words Idiot, Imbecile, and Moron were once the terms instead of Severe, profound and moderate? Something to think about.
6) My son has Down Syndrome and is an incredibly SUPER AWESOME kid! That is why I spend so much time around handicap adults and children.
7) I can open doors with my feet and toes. Strange thing to add here, but where else could I put something like that?